Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This is the first time I've ever had someone to say that to. How exciting! I sometimes thought maybe someone would want to be a father to Bradley some day and I would celebrate Father's Day with him, but never in a million years did I imagine that I would say it to my own father. I'm a bit baffled by the way life works. Nothing ever goes the way you plan and surprises always seem to happen in the strangest ways, when you least expect them. Today I am very thankful that one of those big surprises was meeting my dad. There is so much I understand about myself now.
Thank you for picking up the phone and for welcoming me into your life.

2 comments:

  1. How neat!
    I am 21 and spoke to my father for the first time a few months ago. It was so bizarre. We have not met in person yet, I don't know if I am ready, but I am glad the door has been opened.

    ReplyDelete