Saturday, June 6, 2009

"school's out" weekend and looking ahead...

May was a transitional month in my life. Everything went a little bit crazy and then the dust settled nicely. I am now happy, calm and optimistic. Serious.

There is a lot to look forward to in June. B is officially no longer a first grader and we have plenty of time to ride bikes, go swimming, see movies and have fun together. My 24th (wow) birthday and party weekend in Austin is coming up in a couple weeks, Jaren (B's best friend in the whole world who now lives in Utah, if you'd forgotten) is coming to visit for two weeks and *drum roll please* MY best friend in the whole world, Bonnie, is coming to visit! I haven't seen that girl in TWO YEARS! Ok, so we talk every single day, usually for hours at a time, but we are way overdue for some one on one reconnection.


Yep, this is going to be an amazing summer. Possibly the best ever. It just occurred to me that 1999 stands, thus far, as the best summer of my life. I believe 2009 can top it. (This is where I go ponder all that has changed in the last decade and then come back for a sappy "where have the years gone" blog post.)


Friday B and I vegged on Chipotle and sno cones and saw
Night at the Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian (yawn) with Taso. Then I let him stay up WAY too late and he drove me bonkers. Today, like most Saturdays, we played all day at the skatepark and then Taso and I took off for hockey and hot wings (ok so fries and veggie sub for me) and The Hangover because I love Zach Galifinakis. It's shaping up to be a pretty sweet summer indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment