Thursday, August 6, 2009

and just like that, I've got a smile on my face.

Okay, friends, things have been bad. I have felt sick to my stomach for the past couple days and been that level of sad where you show up to work an hour and a half late because you could barely get out of bed. Yeah. Bad. So I ask my friend MacLennan to cheer me up and he starts to tell me about a movie moment sing-a-long he's doing at the Drafthouse. He mentions the Lloyd Dobler boom box scene and "Twist and Shout" from Ferris Bueller and immediately my mind goes to my very favorite musical moment:

Duckie singing "Try A Little Tenderness" in Pretty in Pink!!!

You MUST watch the video, even if you've seen it a thousand times like me. It made my day so much better! The sound is kind of low but it's the best youtube's got, so turn up your speakers. 2 minutes and 15 seconds of pure happiness.

So I'm feeling much better. It helps that tonight is the So You Think You Can Dance finale! People, I can't tell you how excited I am about this. It's a little insane. I haven't watched last night's episodes yet (shhh, no spoilers), so tonight is going to be heaven for my little dancing heart. I have tickets to see Atmosphere tonight but I think I'm going to skip on account of my general disposition and need for all things happy... like dance.
And Duckie.

1 comment: