Friday, September 11, 2009

Wendy Anne


Happy Birthday, Wendy!!

I've known this girl since her birth on September 11, 1985 (three months after mine) and I can't even begin to explain how much I love her. She's brilliant, sassy, feisty
and fun. She's a peacemaker and a do-gooder, a compelling writer and lovely singer, a makeup fiend and TV junkie. She knows way too much about me and loves me anyway. I'm sorry to say she had to put up with me being quite the brat growing up. Sometimes I wonder why in the world she's still friends with me. I remember throwing fits, being a snot and always making her play Danny when we acted out Grease. I'm sure she remembers even more that I've blacked out. She has always been the sweetest, most loyal friend and I plan to spend the rest of our lives trying to be as good to her. I look up to Wendy so much.

Today I'm thinking about all the happy memories we have of pigging out (3D Doritos!) and watching musicals, sleepovers, Spice Girls and lollipops, girl dates, heart to hearts, puberty, first loves, Hanson. When we were 13 we vowed that as soon as we had cars we would head to Tulsa to see our beloved Hanson in their homeland. So many things happened in both of our lives over the next several years but in 2004 we finally did it. We hopped into Penny (isn't she cute) and went to the Mmmecca. (See what I did there?) Wendy and I will never grow up and always secretly love the things we loved when we were little girls. And we're both cool with that. She's a wonderful aunt to Bradley. We love you, Wuwie. Sorry your birthday is now a national tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment