Saturday, October 17, 2009

Howdy Howdy Howdy!

B and I have loved Toy Story for a long time. When he was just a chubby-bellied, towheaded little thing he carried Woody around everywhere he went and demanded that we have one of the two movies on at all times. Woody is still perched at the end of his bed and we can both still quote line for line. Tonight we decided to put off the wild rumpus for a night so we could catch the last weekend of the Toy Story 1 & 2 3D double feature.
All the qualms I have with 3D were forgiven as soon as I realized I was watching Woody and Buzz on the big screen with B! It's a different experience seeing it in the theatre and he and I were both completely captivated. It was cool to catch so many subtle things that I've managed to miss in all the billion home viewings we've had.
My favorite: In Toy Story 2 when they're trying to figure out how to get up to the top floor of Al's building Rex goes, "Why don't we get some balloons and float to the top?" Brilliant! Makes me wonder how many other clues have been dropped in Pixar movies that I've missed. There were also funny things like when they're trying to figure out who Woody's kidnapper is, the Etch-a-Sketch is propped on a Clue board game and Buzz is standing next to Guess Who. Clever. My awesome friend Candace came with us because, well, she's awesome. I usually go to movies by myself and tonight I had TWO people to go with! I'm so cool.
(Also I need to invest in a camera.)

1 comment:

  1. the pictures of baby B made me tear up. Seriously. So precious.

    I seriously love Pixar, all of it! Call me a little kid, but its just so...fantastic! I'm glad you had fun, I wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete