Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tim Burton MoMA Exhibit Opening Cocktail Reception

Candace and I got to go to the opening of Tim Burton's exhibit at the MoMA, as well as a screening of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure introduced by Burton. Tim Burton's work in other artistic mediums certainly does not veer from the aesthetic of his films, and seeing props from his films was a treat. I almost lost it over the Edward Scissorhands costume and Sally doll, though I think my favorite thing in the collection was the blown up Willy Wonka dolls! The collection contains everything from paintings to scupltures, dollhouses, toys and scribbles on cocktail napkins. The entire party and gallery space had a spooky, distinctly Tim Burton feel. Also, I forgot how great Pee Wee is! It was a fun time. I took some pictures of my favorite things for those of you that can't go, but if you're in New York you definitely need to get over to MoMA and see this. They're screening all of his films in conjunction with the exhibit as well.

3 comments:

  1. In the words of the little boy on the tricycle from The Incredibles: "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome exhibit - I wish I could go! BTW Pee Wee totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jaren would have peed his pants

    ReplyDelete