Wednesday, January 20, 2010

back 2 skool

B's new school seems to be fine or whatever. I'm not exactly thrilled with it. It's not where I wanted him to go but he's content so I'm leaving it alone. I drifted through my first two classes... and semi-slept through one of them (I was up sick all night last night and just couldn't stay awake today). Not the best start to a semester ever. BUT! I did finally finish the big preservation project I've been doing for Library of Congress at work and I'm really proud of it. Life without the B is hard. There is not much to it. My favorite part of the day used to be running to catch the E train, waiting impatiently for the doors to open, running up the stairs and to my building and bursting through the front door to greet his sweet little face. I even really miss his sweet babysitter. Splinter is doing her best to keep me company and welcome me when I come in the door every evening. I think she understands. Not having him around takes the fun out of things and the brightness and perspective and promise out of the city... but I know I have to change my attitude and I am really trying to. I am so grateful that he is a part of my life and that he's healthy, happy and taken care of right now. I feel very lucky to be in the position that I'm in. School will get better and this is not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment