Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scared.

I have a medical issue that I like to ignore because it doesn't manifest itself with symptoms and it is under control. However, every six months I am reminded of it when my doctor calls me daily to remind me that I need to come in for my biopsy. I make up excuses for days (this time months) about why I can't come in. I delay. But inevitably I have to face it. The thing is, I've never been afraid of physical pain. I've birthed a child. Needles don't scare me. I wasn't scared of the biopsy the first couple times. But now I know what it's like, how alone it makes me feel. It's that time again... and I am scared.

5 comments:

  1. Lady, I'm with you. My scary appointment in a similar arena is Thursday. You will be just fine and might even earn another chocolate coconut cupcake!
    We can help each other be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh brittan, you must go. you must. it will be for the best. and there are so many people that love you and carry you in their hearts so even though you feel alone...it's just that, a feeling.

    love, love to you.

    and ummm...how about candy lipstick?! one of my personal favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you must not delay in getting yourself checked out.
    I had a biopsy at the end of last year.
    What it did for was remind me of everything that I have to live for and it was that I found unnerving.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. go...or i will come get you and take you myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much, everyone. sometimes it's easy to feel alone, especially during the recovery period, but since i brought this up so many people have come forward who have to deal with the same thing or something similar, or who just care and offer their support. that's so cool, you guys. thank you. i made my appointment. i wish it wasn't at the NYU clinic but that's okay, it really is better to have it taken care of now.

    ReplyDelete