Wednesday, February 10, 2010

P.S. If you carry on, I will too.

It is cold in NYC.
I feel like the blizzard is blowing right through me.

Today NieNie ended her blog post with a simple message:
P.S. If you carry on, I will too.

After a near-death plane crash and years worth of physically and emotionally excruciating recovery to go, she tells me that if I can get through my little problems, she can get through the unbearable pain. I keep rereading the words and they are heavy on my mind and heart. I can't be cynical and discouraged if Nie isn't.

The snow is pretty, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. That's what my little world looks like...a snowy mess that I'm beginning to hate :( I do like the quote. I'm carrying on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of some text in the play 'Waiting for Godot'. I just posted some stuff of Beckets on my blog but my fav lines are

    you must go on,
    I can't go on,

    I'll go on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your photographs. Just think, while you are in your nice warm office I will be out in a very cold and snowy London, window cleaning, it's so cold I'll get stuck to the glass!

    ReplyDelete