Friday, March 26, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


I read this book on one of my many plane rides between Dallas and New York last August and man, it resonated... which I guess is a weird thing to say about a crime novel involving sadistic torture and murder. But what can I say? I'm a strange bird. Though I found our male lead to be a bit hollow, I absolutely identified with the protagonist, Lisbeth, an angry, anti-social anti-hero, and a believably strong female lead. I also dug the haunting Bergmanesque landscape and never got bored, which is my personal mark of a good read.

A film based on the book is out now, and I'm actually really excited about it because it's totally Swedish and seems like it managed to avoid any Hollywood contamination. I'm going to try to see it tonight.

Anyone else read the book/seen the movie?

2 comments:

  1. It is in my iPhone, I just keep getting distracted. The trailer for the movie looks pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but now I want to!
    (also, I spelled your name wrong. its fixed now. sorry that I didn't pay attention to spelling ever in my life. I have to spell check every one of my posts.)
    ALSO! I read Einstein's Dreams and OMG it was so good. I think I'm going to have to buy it when we get a house with a bookshelf again and pull it out to impress people. It makes all his ideas make sense!

    ReplyDelete