Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When I grow up...

I got this idea from one of my favorite bloggers, Meg.

It fits in perfectly with what has been going on in my head and my life lately...

When I grow up...
I'll finally travel the world.

I'll own a theatre that shows classic films and supports current independent filmmakers. I will work hard, paint the walls and project the films myself, program diligently and meet the people who come through my doors face to face.

I'll encourage B to follow his dreams, no matter the odds.

I'll volunteer with pregnant teen girls who need a friend and some guidance.

I'll be free from self doubt.

I'll direct films that come from my own heart and head. They'll never go anywhere, but maybe one day long after I die someone will find them, watch them and decide they should be preserved.

I'll plant a garden.

I'll restore an old home and plant a willow tree in the back to signify my putting down roots.

I'll learn to cook tofu.

I'll love a man because of how much he loves me and B.

I'll still wear band t-shirts and Levis and go to concerts and listen to hip-hop and love karaoke and dancing and watch movies every day and live in the 40s in my head and be Brittan... just better.

What about you?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea! And your blog! Found you thru Wild and Wily Ways a bit ago!

    Im planning on planting a garden when I grow up as well. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittan you are so cute!!! I miss you so much! Hope u and Bradley are doing well. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRIT!!!! I miss you so much! Love you too! We need to catch up!

    and thanks ladies :)

    ReplyDelete