Thursday, April 22, 2010

CAML Class Trip to the Natural History Museum

Yesterday our Culture of Archives, Museums and Libraries class took a trip to the American Museum of Natural History to learn about all sorts of archivisty things. Did you know that only .02% of the museum's holdings are on display? Craze. We got really excited about touching 150 million year old dinosaur bones in cold storage...
and I got REALLY excited about hanging out in the IMAX booth. 70mm!
After a long, crazy day of museuming and being reminded that we are the last of the humans and will soon be extinct (I hate scientists--ignorance is such bliss!), my buddy Sneve and I went to see The Specials!! The show was incredible but the venue and packed crowd made it less fun than it could have been. I didn't get to dance! Still, I love ska and I love Sneve time so no complaints here.
After the show we went to Trailer Park, a great bar/grill in my 'hood and ate the junkiest of vegetarian junk food and enjoyed the scenery.
We went back to my place and watched Battle Royale (2000, Japan), one of the most awesomely ridiculous movies I've ever seen about a group of Japanese teenagers sent to an island and forced to kill each other. I kind of loved it.
I mean, come on.

I think I slept 3 hours last night and am now on a plane to LA for the TCM Film Fest. Yes, I paid for internet. Yes, it was so that I could download Glee and watch it on the flight. Don't judge me.

1 comment: