Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TCM Film Fest Day 1

Turner Classic Movies put on their first annual film festival in Hollywood this year and Swinny and I did everything in our power to make sure we were there.

Day 1 did not go so well, travel and lodging wise. I won't go into it but - BRIGHT SIDE - I got a new suitcase, specifically the carry-on that George Clooney insists on in Up In the Air.
Nerd.

Eventually we found a place to stay (Jennifer, we so owe you!) and made our way to the legend-and-celebrity-filled red carpet for one of Swinny's all time favorite movies, A Star is Born. She loves that Judith.
The film was so much more moving than I ever remembered it being. The invested live audience and overpowering awe of Grauman's Chinese theatre just reaffirmed for me the relevance of the complete cinematic experience.

Also... those are Betsey Johnson dresses we're wearing. #14 on the bucket list officially crossed off. More to come on one of the most incredible experiences of my life...

1 comment:

  1. Betsy Johnson for real? Haha one day I will save up for one of her beauties. you guys look gorgggg

    ReplyDelete