Friday, July 9, 2010

I Am Love

I finally saw I Am Love this week. On paper it's soap opera worthy rich family drama, but on screen it's interesting, complicated and very human. There are no real lose ends and the backstory unfolds subtly, allowing you to continue filling in blanks as your imagination allows, even after the film ends. I found it overwhelmingly sensory-- almost intoxicating -- and loved seeing Tilda Swinton in a joyful, somewhat relatable role. I've been talking about it for three days straight, so I guess you could say I was impressed. It certainly involves its audience. I felt sucked in the entire time, unable to escape even if I wanted to. Though I can't imagine wanting to escape a world so lush, beautiful and full of love.

Has anyone else seen it? 

What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment