Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sunday = Pearl Harbor

I'm exhausted.

Sunday was all about the Aloha Stadium Flea Market and a visit to Pearl Harbor. As some of you know, I am more than a little obsessed with all things WWII-era, so seeing Pearl Harbor was very cool for me. I was surprised by how moving it was standing over the USS Arizona. I guess because the decision to go was kind of on a whim, and the rest of the experience was lighthearted and fun. As soon as we stepped onto the memorial, the mood changed. I couldn't help but think about my great-grandpas who fought and what that day must have been like for the men and women involved. The ship was still leaking oil, which survivors say will happen until the last survivor dies.
NAVY! (Grandpa Rodney would be so proud!)
The rest of the weekend has been spent strolling marketplaces and eating. So much eating. I'm tired, have weird tan lines all over and have probably gained 10 lbs, but right now I'm happy as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment