Friday, July 16, 2010

Toy Story 3

I just realized I haven't posted about this! I saw Toy Story 3 a couple weeks ago and it officially set the record for the fastest I've ever cried in a movie. I really wanted to not be completely predictable but, what can I say? Tears were streaming at the 5 minute mark during the old "home videos" of Andy. I thought the film was a beautiful, touching way to end the story of Woody, Buzz and Andy, and love how bold Pixar is getting. I, like every other mother in America, bawled my eyes out when Andy's mom looked around his empty room. But there were other moments, like when the toys accepted their fate in the incinerator, that were as intense as it gets. I fell in love with little Bonnie and thought the story could not have possibly ended better. I wanted to run to B, grab him and never let him go, then jump through the screen and hug Andy's mom.
That's the beauty of Pixar.

1 comment:

  1. ob brittan! i wish i had watched it with you. i also cried at the old home movies in the beginning. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete