Sunday, July 18, 2010

watched this week:

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)
What even. So ridiculous. I love Craig Robinson. The irony of John Cusack in this role was also very much appreciated. Clark Duke can just go... away... somewhere. 

Youth in Revolt (2009)
Yes! Even though no part of me believed Michael Cera as a badass, every part of me loved it! My only disappointment was that it turned out to be mainly another one of his typecast roles: virgin in love. Something new, please? All Francois, maybe? Favorite scene: Nick and Vijay, naked, running for their lives. The whole sequence is hilarious! 

Etoiles: Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballet (2001)
Made me reconsider every decision I've ever made in my life. 

Surfwise (2007)
Director Doug Pray is a master documentarian. This story of the Paskowitz family was funny, sweet, shocking, sometimes disturbing, always gripping. Super entertaining storytelling!

Brief Interviews with Hideous Men (2009)
A straightforward adaptation of a story that I love. Shook me a little more than I wanted to be shaken, but it's good to stay on your toes.

C.R.A.Z.Y. (2005)
Favorite! So, so good. Great music, great story, great performances. I may not be a gay boy in 1970s Montreal, but I know this is what it's like to be the part of the family puzzle that doesn't fit. A beautiful movie thanks, in part, to the music of David Bowie. I want to watch it again.

Urban Cowboy (1980)
HOT. Debra Winger is a goddess.

Serenity (2005)
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I watched Youth in Revolt a couple of weeks ago and I totally loved it too!

    ReplyDelete