Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Hey, are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?"

Friday morning was star-crossed.

My deep and abiding love for Queen is pretty common knowledge. They are on constant iPod rotation, my go-to karaoke night starter and Freddie Mercury is a regular in my dreams (that's 100% true). So Friday morning I was listening to "Another One Bites the Dust" (the best breakup recovery song ever) on the subway and by the time it got to my stop at W. 4th St. I was feeling pretty psyched about life. I bounded up the stairs two at a time (on the beat) and when I came to the top I smacked right into some muscly dude. After apologizing profusely, the first thing I noticed was that he was wearing a tank top and that's weird because it was a chilly October morning in New York. Then, in slow motion, it all sunk in -- the tank top was obviously couture, the curly black hair was perfectly tousled and the mustache. was. glorious. One of the top five best mustaches I've ever seen. He smiled politely, dodged around me and was gone just like that. It took me a good 30 seconds (frozen at the top of the stairs, not breathing) to realize that this was Freddie Mercury's doppelganger and there was no way it could actually be him. It was seriously freaky... also the best way to start a morning ever.

In related news, I have never been more excited about a casting choice than this:
Have you guys heard about this? Sacha Baron Cohen is going to play Freddie Mercury in a biopic. They are both geniuses. There is literally no way this can go wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh. deep breaths. although I cant say I feel the same way about Queen, it is quite an experience being 'star crossed'.
    actually every time I hear that word I always think of Shakespeare. 'a pair of star crossed lovers'

    ReplyDelete