Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Promises

Friday night I met one of my best friend Justin's closest friends.
Timmy.

He is absolutely wonderful, you guys. Where to start?

I've never met anyone (except maybe Justin) who made such a great first impression. I was waiting outside the theatre where we were meeting to see Promises, Promises when he snuck up next to me and stood just as a straight and tall and inconspicuous (though much cooler, like he'd just strolled over from a movie set [oh, because he did]), as though he were waiting for someone in the crowd too. It took me a minute to realize it was him and when I did he gave me a huge smile, tickled my shoulders and then pulled me in for a huge hug. He gave me a once over, complimenting different parts of my outfit, my glasses, my hair. Telling me how good I looked and how excited he was. Instantly it was like being with my dearest friends, awash with excitement and the feeling that only wonderful things are in store.

The play was fantastic, so funny! Sean Hayes, as some of you may know, is one of my most favorite individuals on this planet. Which is a little sad because I don't actually know him... But he is hilarious and full of happiness and just so, so entertaining. I felt so proud of him while I was watching the play, like Jack finally got his big break!

Tim and I whispered and giggled and sent our friends pictures of the fabulous time we were having in New York without them.

After the show, in a crowded gay bar in Midtown West, we talked about life and business and beliefs and success. Tim imparted wisdom on me, gained from his own successes, and gave me hope that I can handle all of the new, terrifying things coming my way. We instantly clicked, just like I did with Justin, and I was struck with that feeling that everything is happening (don't say for a reason)... 

Tim is one of those people who makes you want to be better, the type of person you want to be around all the time because they bring out the best in you without trying. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and sent me home in a cab, realizing that I suddenly understood one of my closest friends on a whole new level and feeling less terrible about adulthood. Thanks, Tim. And Justin. I want to be you guys when I grow up.

5 comments:

  1. i'm humbled. that's soo much better than winning a contest <3. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'm so jealous! i giggled through reading the part about Jack getting his big break! i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I think you are one of those amazing people i would like o be when i grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN THAT PICTURE!!

    ReplyDelete