Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trick or Treat!

This was the best Halloween B and I have ever had, if I do say so myself. He got a hair cut just so he could look more like Harry Potter. (That's what I told him anyway. He was bordering on a mullet and would have been forced into a haircut either way, but this way he went willingly. Mom tricks!) He even let Jessica wash it and condition it! He thought it would be terrible but was quickly proven wrong...
Jessica the Devil masterfully sculpted the perfect Harry Potter (and the Goblet of Fire) 'do, following my son's extremely specific direction. He had one really bad haircut and now he refuses to see anyone but Jessica and even then getting him into the chair is a huge task. Jessica deserves a trophy for being so understanding about it.

Clearly it was a success, as was his entire costume. He even got the spells right and found some crotchety old lady to play McGonagall. (I've decided that in a perfect world I would be able to morph into a cat at will.)

We walked a good couple miles with the neighbors until B's cauldron overflowed and feet hurt. We laughed and the kids ran from house to house like heathens (but shockingly remembered to be polite and say thank you). B cast some spells and had to conjure his patronus once, so he was understandably pretty exhausted by the end of the night. I had to get up early for a flight back to New York the next morning so we stayed up later than we should have chatting and picking out (but not eating) the good candy.

Thanksgiving in Texas is not happening this year, so I'm glad we at least got to have Halloween together. My posts have been so slow because I was at a conference all week. More on Texas and that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Awww great costumes. And who is that crotchety old lady? ;)

    ReplyDelete