Monday, January 31, 2011

I am an old lady.

Evidence: Sheer joy over the inheritance of my grandma's scarf collection. I wear one almost every day.

Also her old eyeglass frames and brooches.

Nevermind the nightly Golden Girls marathons, daily old movies, old man drinks and Werthers Originals in the bottom of my purse. It doesn't help that I live with someone who may actually think she was born in 1907. Last night Swinny and I saw a Fritz Lang in Hollywood double feature at Film Forum with a gentleman I'm seeing and then we all sat around at the Brooklyneer basking in our elderliness. 

I'm okay with the fact that the lines in my forehead no longer go away when I relax my eyebrows because, clearly, I will be a bomb old person. Now back to my jazz vinyls and tea.

4 comments:

  1. NO! You're a fancy lady. A pretty, fancy, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually think? no, just actually. i was actually born in 1907.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I loved this post! You rock the old lady look! And who doesn't like Werthers Originals? I mean really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha a bomb old person...love it. and yes you will be.

    ReplyDelete