Sunday, February 13, 2011

How's about I throw a bunch of pictures at you and pretend that's an update?

Last weekend I had brunch at VSpot {vegan noms. brooklyn.} two days in a row. First I met Danielle, my favorite brunch date, there to talk about life and her baby who will be here very soon. We strolled Park Slope and I was grateful for a local friendship that's not New York-centered, if that makes sense. The next morning I walked there in the rain with a handsome fellow vegetarian. I had a delicious tofu scramble and felt this new thing out.

Swinny and I went to FAO Schwarz to find her some Harry Potter gear for her so-themed 25th birthday party. We came out of the subway at Central Park and I remembered what snow looks like in Manhattan. Sigh.
I found a Barbie foosball table and flipped my chiz. 
Our trip was successful and the Swinnz had her Potter Party.
The ladies of 2B were Harry, Rowena Ravenclaw and Hermione, respectively.

The rest of the week included concerts, tea dates and occasionally trying to not fail my last semester of grad school.

Also my roommates are hot. Yow.

It was a long, superbly satisfying week. Now I am sickish and confined mostly to bed, though my roommates and I are currently having Grammy-watching girl bonding time. I missed book club and a screening of Miss Representation in favor of bed, and Baz Luhrmann cancelled the appearance at which we were finally going to meet and our destinies were to ride toward each other on unicorns and the universe would explode...  I can't really talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. A) I love you for using 'chiz' in a sentence.
    B) That Barbie foosball table is a little scary, but also amaze-balls
    C) I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Baz, but honestly if you met him at 25 the rest of your life might as well be over. You need something to look forward to.

    Love you and miss your face!

    ReplyDelete