Friday, February 18, 2011

I'll be here. Will you?

Regardless of your position on abortion, you have to be in complete shock that the House voted to strip funding from Planned Parenthood. As if women need another reminder of how little value is placed on our needs and rights! Aside from abortions, PP provides birth control, emergency contraception, pregnancy tests, prenatal care, HIV and STI testing/vaccines/treatment, and general health care and counseling for women. This is a vital service for women who don't have access to other means of health care. Yes, okay, it probably won't pass the Senate but still, this shouldn't even been a valid point of discussion. I will be rallying in NYC, and there are walks all over including Dallas, Austin and Salt Lake, so my friends should all go! The young, poor woman deserves the same rights as everyone else. I am raising a healthy son thanks to PP and know women whose lives were saved because they had access to abortions, treatment, birth control and/or prenatal care. We have to make our voices heard and speak up for our daughters who will need to protect themselves and take charge of their health. With everything that's been going on lately, I sincerely feel like the country is going crazy and worry about my children's future... but that's another discussion for another time. For now, won't you rally with me?

1 comment: