Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lately I've been dreaming about

Paris

running my own theater

the most "New York" show I've been to since moving here

having a tan again

I'm not just throwing around the word "dreaming" (or these pictures, all taken over the last week) lightly here. It's so hard to stay engaged in the present lately because I'm so busy thinking about how and when I'll get to Paris, if my theater will ever actually be my theater, how much I'll miss NYC when I'm gone back to Texas and yet... how happy I'll be to lay in the grass and feel the sun on my face. 

I keep going to the place in my heart that holds the little house full of books, the projection booth full of film, the expanding family and all the dreams of the future that I used to keep so closely guarded. Something has changed. For the first time ever I feel just on the verge of everything I never knew I wanted... or needed. Student loans and a thesis that won't write itself are no match for me! I've got dreams.

2 comments: