Tuesday, April 5, 2011

That time I met Angela Lansbury

My friends and I won meet and greet passes to a TCM screening of The Manchurian Candidate on Twitter. At said meet and greet we got to meet the one and only Angela Lansbury. My strongest memory of my late Grandma Maree was laying in bed with her eating popcorn and watching Murder She Wrote. I guess my love of Ms. Lansbury started there, grew exponentially when she voiced Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast (which is still one of my favorite movies of all time) and exploded when I realized she was in old movies! Oh the joys of being born in the 1980s. Anyway! She was completely lovely and charming and gracious, as was the King of TCM, Robert Osborne, who was there with her. Everyone was very nice and we had a great time/took lots of pictures.

I also made a brief cameo on the big screen in the trailer for this year's TCM Classic Film Fest! Can you spot me? This is very exciting as you might be able to tell from my reaction in the video.

3 comments:

  1. wow just steal my blog post AWESOME

    CHECK MY SITE TO SEE BRITTAN'S CONTENT HOURS AND HOURS BEFORE IT'S POSTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... i'm pretty sure 90% of that squealing is me. and THEN you go, "DID YOU SEE ME?!"

    I JUST LOVE YOU AND GET EXCITED, OKAY?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. i love the "did you see me?" squeal!

    ReplyDelete