Thursday, April 7, 2011

update on our emotionally fragile Maboo

Queen Mab still doesn't like us. She's come out of her shell a bit, hanging out in the same room as us from time to time and playing with her toys. She does cute little things like standing up on her hind legs like a meerkat and stretching out over the back of the couch. She's so beautiful which makes it even worse that none of us has touched her yet. She'll have none of that. Most of the time we tiptoe around, trying to cajole her out of corners and feeding her voracious appetite for canned food. I think she likes me least of all, as she tends to bolt from the room the second I walk in. She must know that I'm a little bit Elmyra Duff.

But the other morning I woke up, pulled back the blinds and there she was! I froze in place, called everyone in, we huddled on my bed... and she didn't bolt! I'm 90% certain it's because we were in between her and the door, but still. We got to hang out with her for a good 15 minutes and I took a couple pictures of her pretty face. My mom says you shouldn't have to work this hard to get anyone to love you, and my relationship with my kitty back home has me leaning toward agreeing, but I think Queenie needs us and we (mostly Swinny) need her too.

1 comment: