Tuesday, June 14, 2011

GO MAVS!

So, I've been a little MIA. 

Between the move, being computerless for a bit and trying to reconstruct some sort of life for myself, I've not really felt up to blogging. BUT! How could I live with myself if I didn't say a public CONGRATS!!!! and ::WHATUP:: to my Mavs?! I've been watching basketball since I was five, and seeing the Mavs beat the Heat was even more emotional for me than I could have imagined. It was a really, really satisfying win - almost on a good triumphing over evil level - for me, and made me feel really good things about being back in Dallas. Maybe I'm being exceptionally egotistical right now, but aren't things like sports and art so popular - indeed, vital! - because we see a little bit of ourselves in them? Also, come on, whose heart wasn't absolutely touched by that photo of Dirk and JT hugging? Either way, I'm a happy Mavericks fan. Congrats to Dirk, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Barea and the rest - the classiest guys in the NBA.

Taso and I lined up after the win to buy the awesome championship shirts and hats the Mavs wore in the locker room and a Mavs Slurpee! The long line was full of ecstatic, LOUD Mavs fans - a fun little celebration for those of us sane enough to not go to the actual celebrations. I even surprised B with some gear the next morning. There has been much basketball playing in our driveway since.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment