Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Despite having no real interest of his own in Harry Potter, Taso not only caught up on all six previous movies just for my sake (and B's) but he also camped out ALL DAY while I worked in order to get us the best possible spots to a double feature of Deathly Hallows Part 1 and, of course, Part 2. He brought his computer to the movie theater and worked on his comp exam (the thing that will get him a Masters from NYU) while fangirls dressed up as wizards geeked out around him.

He's a good man, you guys.

We got lucky finding a theater that had Part 1 and 2 together in 2D (3D is such rubbish) and we did end up with perfect seats. I'd already seen Part 1 but it was fun to see how they fit together. Part 2 was a fan's movie through and through, with all the iconic moments of the last book celebrated and gratuitous shots of the main characters and Hogwarts. It was gut wrenching and wonderful and I cried more than a grown woman should ever cry in a children's movie. It's truly one of my favorite stories (not movies, mind you, stories) - sad, beautiful and far more complicated than it lets on.
 

Also, I LOVE this Jezebel article about the female characters in Harry Potter. JK Rowling is an awesome lady.

1 comment:

  1. lovelovelove. I'm glad you said it's one of your favorite stories. It's just so sweet isn't it? Also, I'm glad you cried too :)

    ReplyDelete