Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Radvent Day 14: Pride

^ Me in high school with tons of MAC PRIDE ^
(standing behind our one lone boy cheerleader)

Now? 

I don't know. 

Geographically speaking, I know where I actually live, but I'm not sure where my soul lives. I miss Brooklyn and my roommates and the way the seasons changed my walk to the train. I don't think that's where I belong, really, but I don't feel comfortable (yet?) here either. Here's what I do like about DFW:

1. Spiral Diner
Best vegan restaurant in the world. I always order the blue plate special (except on Sundays, when it's brunch time) and I DIE for the blueberry pie.

2. My local farmers market
It is truly one of my favorite places. It deserves its own post.

3. Family
His, mine, ours.

4. Friends
I have recovered two of them from Austin, and a few of them never left. I get all bummed about my lack of social life sometimes, but I had a ladies movie night with Wendy yesterday and am SOLOOKINGFORWARD to a Christmas party with my dearest gentleman friends. I am lucky to have them here.

5. The Fine Arts
And the hope that one day we'll have it back.

I used to be really involved with the Dallas film and music scenes and, for awhile there, the Dallas art scene. I'm completely out of it now, but maybe if I could reconnect with cool people and get out a little more... I could like it here? I don't know if I'll ever have DALLAS PRIDE, but you never know. Crazier things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment