Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh, not much.

I haven't been blogging much because I'm BUSY. Truly. You may think it's strange that someone so unemployed could have so much to do, but it's the truth. I was asked to speak on a panel at the Sundance Art House Convergence called Archives, the Art House and the Future of 35mm. I think that's what it's called at least... but that's what it's about. I'm going to talk about how art house theaters should show film prints (as opposed to digital projection) and, once again, be the only person on the panel without a job or title. I'm trying to not feel horribly self conscious about this and just go with it but... ... ...So, yeah, I've been prepping for that, trying to scrape money out of every nook and cranny (and credit card) to afford to get myself there and finish a publication that I've been working on for over a year that I'm supposed to distribute there... which is still not finished, much less printed. Other than that I've been tiptoeing around the idea of planning a wedding and, oh, you know... TRYING TO FIND A JOB.

Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks.

We had a graduation dinner for Taso at Greek Isles (the family Greek restaurant). Taso's Aunt Dianna made him an NYU bear that put my bear to shame in a big way (that's her in the background looking rightfully proud). I then adopted the bear for my own because I also went to NYU and the bear has sparkly feet, so obviously I need it more than he does.

New Years Eve was quiet and uneventful, unlike the major party times of 2011. Instead, this happened:
I ended up on the couch with my sweetie, so all was well that ended well.

Since the holidays, my son has been WORLDS happier, better behaved and more motivated, so that is VERY exciting! This is not to say that we don't have epic meltdowns or mega defiance from time to time, but things are getting better. He is happier, calmer and - slowly but surely - more confident.

He wrote this and I love it.
He has horrible handwriting because he's a mad genius. Just FYI.

And, finally, I took my cat to the vet for some simple vaccinations and nail clipping and she totally lost her mind and went crazy on her poor doctor. It was very confusing because I literally lay my head on top of her all the time while making high pitched noises and she just chills there like she doesn't even notice me. I realized at this appointment that she is a middle aged lady at this point, so maybe she just can't be bothered to react to my shenanigans anymore. I don't know. But she did not like her pedicure, I'll tell you that much. I bought her treats and a catnip toy to apologize for making her suffer through that and she forgave me, as you can tell from this video: http://vimeo.com/34818525

And here she is being funny and awesome, just because:

I have more to say, but not in this post. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment