Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 14th

I kind of hate Valentines' Day, but I always like an excuse for a nice date. We had dinner at Spiral Diner just for me, and then went to see Pina. I could not have asked for a better evening. The film was incredible. So beautiful I can't find words to describe it (as dance should be). We weren't able to see it in 3D and for the first time EVER I am wishing for the opportunity to wear the stupid glasses and see a third dimension of those images. Still, I didn't need the 3D. The choreography, and the way the cameras dance with the subjects, moved me to tears. Watching Pina dance in "Café Müller" was a revelation. Please see it if you haven't.

This is a clip of Pina's most achingly beautiful moment in "Café Müller," particularly from about 2:25 to 4:25. However, you really should see it on a big screen. We saw a film print and it was stunning.


A night like that would have been more than enough for me, but Taso and B also had my limited edition, signed Hanson poster framed. I said no presents, but apparently this was already in the works. I'll forgive them because it's perfect and I love it. This picture really doesn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment