Thursday, March 8, 2012

lately

Beauty and the Beast was the first movie I saw in a movie theater. When it was nominated for an Academy Award I stayed up all night on a school night to watch. I was six. 

Taso and I went to see it last week, my first time in 20 years. I didn't like the 3D, or they way they've reworked it for the 3D, but it did make me so happy to see it on the big screen again. Taso and I were the only people in the theater so we put together one of each of the lenses on our 3D glasses and took this picture through them. I'm not ashamed to tell you that or that I cried a little bit through the ballroom scene. I'm happy I got to share it with Taso.
My bff Gregg's birthday was last weekend, so we went to visit him out in the middle of nowhere. I miss him. It was great to see him so happy. And just to see him at all (for only the second time since December).
We've been unsuccessfully scouting for wedding venues. Nothing has worked out yet, maybe because I don't like Dallas. I feel like I'm always wearing shoes that are too small here. If anyone knows of a pretty spot in North Texas that's not pretentious and a trillion dollars, please tell me!

(one of the not-as-awesome-in-person locations)

Forgive my thinly veiled crankiness. I haven't been posting because I feel like every time I try to write, I just end up complaining about the same things. If there was any doubt about Taso's love for me, his patience with my melancholy (and endless support) the last couple months have proven him. I'm not going to go into my unemployment woes or my frustration with the city I live in (and longing for the one I left behind). Instead, I'll just show you what does make me happy and grateful:
(saying goodbye to the last couple baby teeth *tear*)

4 comments:

  1. Brittan- congrats on the engagement and your little one is sooo big and looks just like you :) Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittan- congrats on the engagement and your little one is sooo big and looks just like you :) Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittan- congrats on the engagement and your little one is sooo big and looks just like you :) Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete