Monday, March 26, 2012

Slice of life: March


The birthday came and went and now it's almost April. Time is always slipping through my fingers.

B's been saving his money for a long time, so we decided to meet him halfway for his birthday and help him get an iPad 2 (now discounted since the new one came out). It was Taso's idea, but I'm really glad we did it. B is part of a generation that will never have lived without the Internet. Being as familiar as possible with all kinds of technology can only be a benefit to him. It's also super awesome as a sheet music reader and he can use Garage Band. He's happy and I bought myself another year or two before I have to get him a cell phone.
Those blissful first few years of your child's life crawl by and then, out of nowhere, you have a 10-year-old who texts you pictures he took of himself in Photo Booth.

We've done quite a bit of fruitless wedding location scouting. Nothing ever works out. I've been ready to throw in the towel and elope countless times, but he has a big Greek family and we have so many mutual friends who saw us through the rough times... so it's really not an option. 

I've been enjoying the weather lately. By June it will be so hot that my climate-change anxiety will be in full force, so I'm happy for the rainy March days (always my favorite) and the days that the sun peeks out, allowing me to sit in the grass and go bare-legged.

I'll leave you for now with my favorite picture from this month, because he still looks little when he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment