Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Austin Field Trip

Last Thursday B went on his school's annual 4th grade trip to Austin. They left at 6 a.m. and got back at 8 p.m. and I was a bundle of nerves the whole time. Even though I'm usually working while he does homework, practices piano and plays video games, it's nice to have him here during those after school hours. I really missed him. But he had a great time and learned a lot about Texas history and government (seriously he talked about it for like two hours). He got to ride (and watch movies) on a chartered bus, tour the capitol building and eat beef jerky (ew), so he was stoked. I felt better that there were other parents waiting anxiously for their 4th graders to get back, taking pictures and hugging them tightly. These are the best I could get and apparently even these were super embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment