Tuesday, June 26, 2012

27

June 19th came and went and I'm 27 now. I started this blog when I was 23. I have to type the numbers out or I wouldn't believe them. Time flies.

This birthday was one of the best I've had in a long time. Maybe my favorite. We went to dinner at Greek Isles over the weekend and feasted. Gus (the owner and family friend) gave me a rose and made me a STRONG Kostas Coffee and everyone sang to me in Greek. It was very low key and nice.

Afterward we went to visit cousins that just had twin baby girls. I've never held two babies that small at the same time. It was overwhelming and beautiful. They slept in warm little cocoons in my arms the whole time and I was sad to give them back and leave.

On Tuesday I was awoken to two gluten-free, vegan carrot cakes (sweetened with agave) that B made from scratch. My kid is talented, let me tell you. They weren't much to look at but they were delicious and I didn't feel too bad about all the extra slices I had. It was his idea to make my birthday cake fit within my new diet, and he spent an entire Saturday working on them. I love him SO much. 
Taso got me tickets to every rebroadcast of the Royal Ballet (you know how they broadcast opera or ballet in movie theaters during the Sunday matinee time) and a lamp for my desk that I love. Everyone pitched in to get me the fanciest bike I've ever had (or seen). Everyone else got bikes too, so I guess we're all sharing my birthday now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to family bike rides and a new mode of transportation to the farmer's market. On the following Sunday we went to my mom's house for tacos and then saw Brave on the biggest screen ever. I loved it, of course, and will write about it soon.
Sorry for the lack of communication around these parts. Things have been crazy.

1 comment: