Tuesday, October 23, 2012

a very good place to start

So much has happened in the last month, I'm not really sure where to begin. I don't feel like just recounting everything chronologically, so instead I'll share little moments, stories and snapshots from the most exciting, exhausting and wonderful month in the history of this blog. 

 I'm a big fan of October anyway -- the freshness and undefinable excitement in the air. It reminds me of the Fitzgerald line, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." I can't imagine a better time of year to be married! The early part of the month was spent welcoming Taso's Greek family to the U.S. for the first time and showing them around. B started up drum lessons and band practice, and I rushed around doing things like getting a passport and marriage license, designing my dress and spending every single dollar I made. Weddings are so much more expensive than I could have imagined. Even with our friends lending their skills, our families helping out in big ways, and our wedding kept as small and modest as possible, it was definitely a stretch making it happen. I decided that I wasn't going to stress and just let the chips fall where they may, which helped me focus more energy on family and friends, and still get stuff done at work and at home. I think I was pretty successful at being shrewd, decisive and unsentimental in my decision making. In that sense, I learned a lot about myself.
B at band practice, making Paris official 
crafting and collecting
trying on suits
Taso's dad showing off his shop to his sisters

1 comment:

  1. ummmmm....you left out a picture of the BRIDE!!! ;o) I have been checking for an update periodically, and I am so happy to hear all went well! Can't wait for more pics!

    ReplyDelete