Monday, May 13, 2013

B and Jaren Birthday Weekend Extreme rolls on with pizza and hockey.

I've been waiting to post until my new Wordpress blog launches, but Taso is still building it (also I am terrible at picking out fonts) and I can't take it anymore. I'm backlogged and my brain feels flat. It needs some exercise, even if that's just writing about what we've been up to the last couple months. 

So, I'm stretching here, but let's go back to that day at the end of March, when B and Jaren went to the museum. By the end of it, they were wiped out (see here) so we headed over to Grimaldi's for the best pizza you can get in Dallas and I ate while the three guys talked about sports. We were about to go to Jaren's first hockey game, and he wasn't sure he was going to like it. First, he wanted to know as much as possible about hockey -- the teams, the best players, the rules of the game, so he would have an idea what he was getting himself into. How cold is it in a hockey arena? B was happy to share his knowledge, but Jare wanted it from closer to the source. He grilled Taso, our resident hockey player and superfan until he was satisfied that he was ready for his first game. 

We got to the game early enough for the boys to go down and watch the Stars warm up. It was very exciting (I guess at that time we still had a couple exciting players, who have since been traded -- I listen!), and they worked together to catch a puck that one of the players tossed over the glass. Jaren got to take it home as a memento from the day he fell in love with hockey.

Oh yeah, he fell. It was Mike Modano Day (or something?), so Taso was super happy to see (from a significant distance) his hero and #1 guy crush. Jaren got to see a lot of action, several fights, and a big win for the Stars. He left proclaiming to be a true hockey fan, and that is favorite team is definitely the Stars. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted all this stuff! I'd been missing your updates. Can't wait to see the new Wordpress blog!

    ReplyDelete