Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Missy's got a bun in the oven!

Missy and her husband Ryan came to visit on their way to see her family in Louisiana last month. Missy had just found out she was pregnant and told her husband/the world by taking that picture of baby Allen's first toy.

It was really nice to see my friends. Missy is a professional photographer, and she had some sessions booked around the metroplex, but we found time to show Ryan around Dallas. Missy and I met here and spent a lot of our time together until she moved in 2007 (I can't believe it's been that long), but Ryan's only experience with Texas was a quick visit in the dead of brutal, 100+ degree, humid summer, so his memories of it were less fond. The weather ended up nice, maybe even a bit chilly -- perfect for Ryan. We walked around Oak Cliff, stopping in all the little shops and enjoying an awesome brunch at Oddfellows. I showed them downtown Dallas, my alma mater -- SMU, and tried to stretch and sell the few interesting things I know about Dallas. We ate Mexican food and vegged out on the couch. We talked about baby things and I got really excited listening to the two of them talk about their future plans. I've seen Missy go through a lot over the years (and vice versa), and I'm so happy to see her so happy (morning sickness and all).

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Tell Missy congratulations from me (if she even remembers me!)

    ReplyDelete